The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
For those interested in attending a military service academy in the Class of 2027, the Academy Nomination Application is now open.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on October 7, 2022.
Congressman Donalds Service Academy Nomination Check List
Congressman Donalds Service Academy Nomination Application
Congressman Donalds Service Academy Letter of Recommendation Form
Service Academy Accident Waiver and Release of Liability
A completed application includes the following:
- Completed application with a passport-style photo
- Three completed Letters of Recommendation submitted electronically from:
- One school administrator is required
- Two additional community members/leaders or teachers
- Official school transcript submitted by your school electronically
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores:
- SAT Test Code: 5424
- ACT Test Code: 7339
- A resume and/or Notable Achievements Documents
- Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Pferdehirt.